- We encourage photographers to submit images and links to us for posting. All images posted will have the photographer’s watermark. If no watermark is embedded with the images, we will add the photographer’s copyright to each image that we post.
- We will post images at 600px wide, whether the image is vertical or horizontal. If you do not have the means to resize your files prior to submitting them, we will resize them before they are posted.
- Feel free to submit anywhere from one to 10 images from an incident. We may or may not post all of the images. Though the small image files will be stored on the server of our web host, FireScenes.Net will delete them from our drives after they have been posted. We will not provide or make images available to others. Any further use of or requests for images will be directed to the photographers who own the images.
- Please include a description of the fire scene with the image files. The length and depth of the description is up to you.
- Please provide a link to your site or other location where readers can go to view additional images or contact you.
- Feel free to include captions for the images in addition to the event description
- Inorder for us to keep track of your images, please see that the files names are consistent so they remain together in our downloads folder. Also, please append the file names with a dash and your initials to further allow us to keep track of them until they are posted. (i.e.: image3792-LS)
- Please include the date of the fire. We will have categories for fires which are:
NEW (occurred within the past week),
PREVIOUS ( other modern fire scenes)
HISTORIC (fires older than 10 years … most often scanned from film)
All submissions may not post right away. If your submission is in the PREVIOUS or HISTORIC category, it may not post immediately, based on the volume of submissions and NEW submissions.
Please understand that we may not be able to post every fire scene that is submitted. We reserve the right, based on the volume of submissions, the quality of the image file, or a lack of fire (as examples) to determine what gets posted.
**Based on the volume of submissions at any given time, your submission for anything that is not NEW may sit in the queue for up to a week.
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org