Portland, CT 2nd alarm at 19 Thompson Hill Rd on 4/24/21 about 20:55. Mutual aid from Middletown and Glastonbury assisted at the scene.
At 03:51 04-April, Colleton County (SC) Fire-Rescue was notified of a structure fire at 285 Emerald Street in the Country Estates Subdivision south of Walterboro. Firefighter-Paramedics arrived to find the two-story, wood-frame dwelling with heavy fire conditions from the second story.
Crews deployed multiple hand lines, initially hitting the fire from the exterior, before entering the building through the front door. Most of the fire was on the second floor in a bedroom at the rear of the home. The fire had extended into the attic and burned a portion of the roof over the rear bedroom. Crews had the fire under control within 20 minutes, saving most of the structure and most of the occupants personal belongings. The upstairs rooms suffered smoke and water damage. The downstairs rooms suffered mostly water damage. Fire-Rescue personnel remained on the scene for three and half hours performing overhaul. The occupants, three adult females and a one adult male, were alerted to the fire when they heard glass breaking. All four were able to safely exit the home and notify 9-1-1. There were no injuries. It is suspected that a space heater is responsible for starting the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Engine 1, Engine 27, Tender 1, Tender 2, Tender 6, Tender 19, Tender 27, Medic 1, Medic 6, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Car 101, and Car 112 responded. Battalion Chief Brent Dalton served as Incident Commander.
Barry W. McRoy, Fire Chief, Colleton County Fire-Rescue
Firefighters in Lake Zurich, IL encountered fire at a local Burger King restaurant at 642 S. Rand Road late Tuesday night, 3/30/21. Fire which began on the outside of the building communicated to the roof behind a tall parapet wall. Two master streams and hand lines operated at the fire.
Somers, Ct had 2 alarms plus special calls for tankers at 54 Beverly Dr on 2/14/21 at 22:15. The house sat at the end of a long driveway.
A Walterboro, SC family lost their home in an early morning fire at 312 King Street, Sunday 07-February. At 02:54 9-1-1 received a report of the fire, with the caller telling dispatchers the home had flames visible. The family was awakened by smoke and flames in the home and narrowly escaped into the rainy night. Colleton County Fire-Rescue Engine 1 arrived to find the home approximately 60 percent involved.
Firefighter-Paramedics deployed multiple hand lines to the building as flames began extending out of all the front windows. The roof over the car port had already collapsed. Crews worked for about 25 minutes to bring the fire under control and remained on the scene for 2-1/2 more hours performing overhaul. The interior of the home was gutted and the family lost most of their belongings as well as a vehicle under the carport. The fire appears to have started in the kitchen in the area of the stove. A family member noted they had been cooking earlier. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Engine 1, Engine 19, Tender 1, Tender 19, Tender 26, Tender 27, Medic 1, Medic 13, Battalion 1, Car 112 and Car 118 responded. Battalion Chief Chris Jones served as Incident Commander.
Barry W. McRoy, Fire Chief Colleton County Fire-Rescue
Firefighters in Lake Forest, IL battled a stubborn fire in a huge home under construction at 1520 S. Kathryn Lane on 2/4/21 in the midst of a snow storm and frigid temperatures.
More photos at Chicagoareafire.com/blog