Here are some images from a double fatal still & box fire back on February 28th at 8642 S. Hermitage in Chicago. The fire was well advanced before the first companies landed on the scene but an aggressive interior attack and search efforts were initiated despite those conditions. Sadly, two victims were located during the primary search. Both were transported and pronounced at local hospitals.
Hartford, Ct had this 2-alarm fire at 131-133 Franklin Ave on 4/11/21 at 16:53. Companies arrived to heavy fire from floors 2&3. Fire did get into the cockloft but companies were able to quickly stop its spread. Patrick Dooley
At 03:51 04-April, Colleton County (SC) Fire-Rescue was notified of a structure fire at 285 Emerald Street in the Country Estates Subdivision south of Walterboro. Firefighter-Paramedics arrived to find the two-story, wood-frame dwelling with heavy fire conditions from the second story.
Crews deployed multiple hand lines, initially hitting the fire from the exterior, before entering the building through the front door. Most of the fire was on the second floor in a bedroom at the rear of the home. The fire had extended into the attic and burned a portion of the roof over the rear bedroom. Crews had the fire under control within 20 minutes, saving most of the structure and most of the occupants personal belongings. The upstairs rooms suffered smoke and water damage. The downstairs rooms suffered mostly water damage. Fire-Rescue personnel remained on the scene for three and half hours performing overhaul. The occupants, three adult females and a one adult male, were alerted to the fire when they heard glass breaking. All four were able to safely exit the home and notify 9-1-1. There were no injuries. It is suspected that a space heater is responsible for starting the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Engine 1, Engine 27, Tender 1, Tender 2, Tender 6, Tender 19, Tender 27, Medic 1, Medic 6, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Car 101, and Car 112 responded. Battalion Chief Brent Dalton served as Incident Commander.
Barry W. McRoy, Fire Chief, Colleton County Fire-Rescue