11/18/2020 – Beach Park, IL A homeowner was burning leaves when they blew onto the deck and up against the vinyl sided house. First arriving companies found heavy fire to the exterior of the home communicating inside, and into a detached garage. Command upgraded to the working still, and then to a Box Alarm. Crews were unable to make a safe interior attack. Two dogs reported inside the home, got out safely.
Colleton County (SC) Firefighter-Paramedics saved a Francis Street home Monday afternoon 23-November. At 12:51, a caller to 9-1-1 reported a fire in the home. The family was able to safely exit the structure prior to the arrival of firefighters.
Engine 19 found moderate smoke conditions on arrival. The Incident Commander had determined the fire was heaviest in an attached utility room at the rear of the single-story, brick veneer dwelling. The fire also appeared to have entered the attic. One crew was directed to attack the utility room, while a second crew was sent inside to battle the fire in the attic. A third crew safely salvaged the family’s Christmas gifts.
The fire appears to have been electrical in nature and destroyed the utility room and contents. Interior crews pulled ceiling in the kitchen and were able to stop the spread of the fire above. Most of the personal belongings inside the home were saved, receiving light smoke damage. Fire units were on the scene for two hours. The Red Cross is assisting the family of five and the Sheriff’s Office assisted at the scene. Engine 1, Engine 19, Tender 1, Tender 19, Tender 26, Tender 27, Medic 1, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Car 101, Car 112, Car 118, and Car 119 responded. Battalion Chief Chris Jones served as Incident Commander.
Fire Chief Barry W. McRoy, Colleton County Fire-Rescue
Manchester, CT had this 2nd alarm at 59 Birch St on 11/12/20 at 16:43. Companies arrived to heavy fire from 2 floors. One member fell through the floor which prompted companies to be removed from the building.
911 callers reported hearing a boom and seeing fire at 7603 18th Avenue in Kenosha, WI just before 9 PM on Saturday, November 7th. A garage at this address caught fire and is a total loss. The home and a neighboring building were also damaged.