The Wausau Fire Department was called for a reported apartment on fire at 406 7th Street near the east side of Wausau Friday evening.
Flames could be seen coming out of an upstairs window. A number of animals needed to be rescued from the blaze and their condition is unknown. No injuries were reported.
No cause at this time Wausau Fire Marshall was being brought in.
PHOTO CREDIT: Wayne Gauger WGWI-PUBLICATIONS
Wausau Fire Department and SAFER conducted Live Structure Fire Training Monday. The property is located at 120 S. 14th Ave. in Wausau near John Muir.
Photo Credit: Wayne Gauger WGWI-PUBLICATIONS
Wausau Fire Department was paged to a residence on North 9th Avenue & Maple Street reports of a house filled with smoke. It was later determined that a dehumidifier malfunctioned and caused the smoke. Officials say they don’t believe there was any damage to the structure.