WATERBURY, CT – Shortly before 8:00pm on February 21, 2020, the Waterbury Fire Department (CT) was dispatched to 693 East Main Street for a fire in a large 3-story apartment building. First companies on scene found heavy smoke and fire. The structure housed a homeless hospitality center on the 1st floor, while the top two floors were unoccupied. The fire escalated to the point where all of the department’s resources were engaged at the scene, as well as mutual aid being called in. There were no reported injuries at the time of this writing.
For the full gallery of still images from this incident, click HERE:
STRATFORD, CT – Shortly before 1:00am on January 13, 2019, the Stratford Fire Department began receiving multiple calls for a fire at the historic Shakespeare Theatre at 320 Shore Rd. First units on scene found the unoccupied, vacant structure heavily involved and immediately started calling for more resources. Mutual aid responded to the scene from Bridgeport and Milford.
SHELTON, CT – At approximately 8:00am on June 27, 2016, Shelton Fire companies 5,3, and 1 responded to 15 Fox Run Lane for a house fire. First-in members found heavy fire from the rear of a raised ranch. The fire quickly spread into the dining room, kitchen, and then to the attic. The fire was reported to have started from a discarded cigarette in a flowerpot. Nobody was injured in the fire and Monroe also responded as mutual aid.