house destroyed by fire

All posts tagged house destroyed by fire

Colleton County (SC) Fire-Rescue units were sent to 304 Carolina Circle north of Walterboro, Wednesday morning 16-November at 03:02. Engine 19 arrived to find a single-story residential dwelling with flames visible from the roof. All occupants had safely exited the structure. Firefighter-Paramedics deployed multiple handlines to combat the fire which was burning throughout the attic. Crews pulled the ceilings in several rooms to reach the flames. It appeared the fire originated in the chimney and spread to the attic. The electrical service line burned through and fell from the home. When the power went off, the occupants were awakened and discovered the fire which had already burned through a portion of the roof and they alerted 9-1-1.

Firefighters worked for about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control, but were on the scene for three hours. Most of the fire damage was contained to the attic and roof, however the remainder of the home suffered water and smoke damage. Many personal items were saved. Water supply was handled with Tenders.

Engine 19, Engine 26, Tender 1, Tender 5, Tender 19, Tender 26, Medic 1, Medic 19, Medic 26, Battalion 1, Car 12, Car 107, Car 110 and Car 118 responded. Battalion Chief Scott O’Quinn served as Incident Commander.

Barry W. McRoy, Fire Chief, Colleton County Fire-Rescue

ranch house on fire with flames

Harold Buzzell photo

firefighters battle ranch house on fire with flames

Barry W. McRoy photo

ranch house on fire with flames

Barry W. McRoy photo

Battalion Chief Scott O’Quinn

Barry W. McRoy photo

Colleton County fire engine at fire scene

Barry W. McRoy photo

firefighters overhaul after house fire

Barry W. McRoy photo

Last Saturday morning just after 7 AM, Youngsville North Carolina firefighter Terry Perry was pulling up to his friend’s house on Waiters Way in Youngsville, bringing him a bit of breakfast. Terry was just doing a nice thing for his friend Ransom Bennett who lives there. But it turns out he was about to trade in a nice gesture into saving the life of his friend.

Terry was bringing his friend a bite to eat since Ransom has had a difficult time getting around after an accident a number of months ago. Ransom recently returned home after several months in rehab following the accident.  When Terry pulled up this morning the front yard was full of smoke. “I thought someone was burning leaves,” Ransom said.

But it turns out it wasn’t leaves burning, it was his house. Terry Perry leapt into firefighter mode, went into the home, and helped his handicapped friend out of the burning home while sustaining some burn injuries along the way.

Ransom reported Terry had burned his arm helping him out of the fire. Terry was taken to the hospital by Youngsville Rescue & EMS. There is no word on his condition. Jessica Perry later reported he had sustained burns on his arms and legs. We can only imagine what would have happened to Ransom Bennett if his friend Terry Perry had not arrived when he did.

Firefighters from Youngsville, Franklinton, and Mitchiner’s Crossroads descended onto the court. Wake Forest had been called in as well. Youngsville Fire Chief Tommie Lloyd and Assistant Chief David Williams were on the scene and managing operations as the fire was successfully brought under control and extinguished.

The homeowner, Ransom Bennett, said he believes the fire began in an area where the electric water heater and fuse box were located.

While it is tragic that the event happened, members of local fire departments, Franklin Sheriff’s office, and Youngsville Rescue & EMS came together to save a life and extinguish a fire. Heroes all.

 Steve Rhode

house destroyed by fire

©Wake Forest News WFNCNews.com

house destroyed by fire

©Wake Forest News WFNCNews.com

house destroyed by fire

©Wake Forest News WFNCNews.com

house destroyed by fire

©Wake Forest News WFNCNews.com

house destroyed by fire

©Wake Forest News WFNCNews.com

house destroyed by fire

©Wake Forest News WFNCNews.com

house destroyed by fire

©Wake Forest News WFNCNews.com

Source: http://wfncnews.com/3800/youngsville-firefighter-early-morning-hero

Here are some shots I took at a structure fire at 23737 W Milton Rd in Wauconda Friday afternoon. Sincerely,

Sandra Hegji

house fire with flames through the roof

Sandra Hegji photo

house fire with flames through the roof

Sandra Hegji photo

fire department water tender at fire scene

Sandra Hegji photo

tower ladder with smoke at fire scene

Sandra Hegji photo

house destroyed by fire

Sandra Hegji photo

firemen at house destroyed by fire

Sandra Hegji photo

rural water supply at fire scene

Sandra Hegji photo

fire truck with house destroyed by fire

Sandra Hegji photo

More photos are at chicagoareafire.com

Newport Township FPD firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire Wednesday morning on N. Mill Creek Road in Wadsworth, IL. The house was located at the end of a long driveway and was not visible from the wooded street.

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

Arriving units were unable to see the fire  in the rear of the structure until they got all the way to the house. Since the area is without hydrants, the alarm was upgraded immediately to a Box Alarm, then to a 2nd Alarm shortly thereafter. One engine and a 75′ quint made it up the driveway and a relay operation was initiated from the street. Three portable tanks were used on the road as two engines supplied 5″ lines to the quint and the engine in the driveway.

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

As the fire overhead grew, companies had to pull out and resort to a defensive operation. Several hand lines and an aerial pipe were put into operation. Due to the water needs and the route tenders had to take to refill and return, the alarm was upgraded to a 4th Alarm for additional tenders.

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

large house fire in Wadsworth IL Newport Township FPD

Larry Shapiro photo

Seventeen Illinois departments responded to the fire along with eight departments from Wisconsin. There were a total of 16 water tenders, two aerials, two squads, and five engines.