WATERBURY, CT – At approximately 8:00pm on June 20, 2020, the Waterbury Fire Department was dispatched to 81 Walnut Street for a reported house fire. First companies on scene found heavy fire showing from the 2nd and 3rd floors of a 2 1/2-story, wood frame. Fortunately all 10 family members made it out safely. The fire was put under control but not before special calling extra companies to the scene. A full gallery of still images from this incident is HERE:
WATERBURY, CT – Shortly before 8:00pm on February 21, 2020, the Waterbury Fire Department (CT) was dispatched to 693 East Main Street for a fire in a large 3-story apartment building. First companies on scene found heavy smoke and fire. The structure housed a homeless hospitality center on the 1st floor, while the top two floors were unoccupied. The fire escalated to the point where all of the department’s resources were engaged at the scene, as well as mutual aid being called in. There were no reported injuries at the time of this writing.
For the full gallery of still images from this incident, click HERE:
STRATFORD, CT – Shortly before 1:00am on January 13, 2019, the Stratford Fire Department began receiving multiple calls for a fire at the historic Shakespeare Theatre at 320 Shore Rd. First units on scene found the unoccupied, vacant structure heavily involved and immediately started calling for more resources. Mutual aid responded to the scene from Bridgeport and Milford.
OXFORD, CT – Shortly after 9:30 on February 9, 2016, the Oxford Fire Department was dispatched to 27 Christian Street for a reported chimney fire. Car 1 arrived on scene first reporting heavy fire from the B/C side of the private dwelling. Mutual aide came from Seymour, Southbury, Beacon Falls, and Monroe (Stevenson) before the fire was put under control under an hour.