Firefighters battled a 2-alarm fire for several hours on Saturday, August 18th at Family Dollar in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The fire was reported around 3:45 PM at the corner of Hampton Avenue and Teutonia Avenue. The building had a bowstring truss roof. Firefighters from the Milwaukee Fire Department and neighboring North Shore Fire Rescue responded. Milwaukee Police took one person into custody in connection with the fire.
08/15/18 New Haven, CT – A mechanic working on a garbage truck ignited a fire involving the truck in a repair bay. The mechanic was injured with non life threatening injuries. The building was the repair shop for All American Waste. Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to the truck. Three hand lines were stretched and operated to keep the fire in check. Firefighters had to work quick because the truck was CNG fueled. The fire was brought under control within a half hour.
07/30/18 Waterbury, CT – A long vacant mill building went up in flames in the city of Waterbury. The 1st call was received just before one o’clock. Companies reported that a large volume of fire could be seen while responding. Upon arrival, they had a four-story, mill building fully involved. Companies were hampered by difficult access to the building, including a natural gas plant as an exposure. Four ladder pipes and several multi-versals were used to darken down the heavy volume of fire after a two and a half hour firefight. Companies were expected to maintain a fire watch until the building is demolished. The cause of the fire is suspicious.
Stratford 10 Research Dr. commercial building fire
07/09/18 Stratford, CT – Firefighters were called to Soundsphere around six thirty in the morning for a commercial building fire. Multiple calls were received and firefighters could see it as they were turning out. They arrived to find a one-story, fire resistive building fully involved. Companies went to work defensively with master streams. Multiple collapses occurred throughout the building. The fire was brought under control in and hour and a half. An employee of the company on scene stated that he had mixed chemicals for the day’s job order. He left the area and was alerted by a passing ambulance crew of fire through the roof. No other employees were in the building. It is a total loss.
Truro Township (OH) firefighters, with mutual aid from numerous other companies, battled a 3-Alarm blaze in a Reynoldsburg hotel 8/9/18. First due Truro Township companies (Department 160) reported heavy fire out the front of the building, and Battalion 161 immediately requested the second alarm. The fire, thought to have originated in the attic, ultimately gutted the entrance and lobby of the two-story structure, though firefighters were able to prevent it from spreading to most of the guest rooms. Mutual aid companies from Columbus, Mifflin Township (130), Jefferson Township (140), Whitehall (150), Hamilton Township (180), West Licking Joint Fire District (401), and Violet Township (590), along with Box 15, Reynoldsburg police, and Columbus police all assisted. One firefighter was treated and released on scene, and one person was transported for unrelated medical issues.
The Roberts Park Fire Protection District had an apartment fire Saturday afternoon 8/4/18 at 8453 S. 88th Avenue in Justice, IL. Most of the firefighting was over so here are some images of rig placement at the incident. The alarm went to a 4-11 with an EMS Plan I and an appearance of the Chicago Fire Department’s Engine 64, Truck 31, Ambulance 77, and Battalion 15. Eric Haak
On 7/29/18 at 14:54, Manchester, CT started receiving calls for the gas station at 555 Middle Tpke. W on fire. Companies arrived to the rear of the store on fire and extending inside. The inside fire was knocked down quickly and the propane tank to the rear was allowed to burn off.