From the CTpost.com:
A fire early Monday led to a building collapse, a water main break and massive excavations that threw the city’s downtown into chaos as businesses were forced to close, traffic was detoured and dozens of residents were displaced. Five people were taken to local hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
… the blaze, destroyed the four-story structure at 434 Howe Ave. Evening temperatures plummeted, freezing some of the thousands of gallons of water that flowed over nearby streets onto the Derby-Shelton bridge after being pumped throughout the day on smoldering debris.
The blaze, which began shortly after midnight, caused the building’s upper levels, which housed 27 families, to collapse atop street-level businesses like Howe Convenient, a florist and a barber shop. Smoke, water and debris damaged the adjoining Liquid Lunch and Joy Lee Chinese restaurants. The building that burned Monday was built in 1880.
HD video of the fire: HERE
Photos from Keith Muratori, FIREGROUNDIMAGES.COM
Full gallery of images: http://www.firegroundimages.com/2014-Incidents/Howe-Ave-4th-Alarm-Shelton-CT
HD aerial drone footage of the aftermath the following day on YouTube: http://youtu.be/S_86t0qk9ss