This fire was 1 block from E46’s firehouse @ Marcus X Grace. Engine 46 advised they were stretching on a commercial building. Engine 58 fed Ladder 23’s aerial, while Engine 41 fed Ladder 31’s aerial. Two master streams and two hand lines were used to knock the fire.
Hartford, Ct struck 2 alarms on 6/9/18 at 19:20. Companies arrived to heavy fire showing from 232 S Marshall with extension to the B side exposure. Two members were transported to the hospital for unknown type injuries. Local news is reporting the fire was started by a guy who threw a grill onto the porches to burn the building and kill everyone inside. More photos:
Two adults and two children narrowly escaped an early morning fire at 413 Azalea Drive Tuesday morning 05-June. At 03:48, 9-1-1 received a report from a resident on Tulip Drive, one block from the scene, advising he could see flames coming from the roof of a house on Azalea Drive. While Fire-Rescue units were enroute, the occupants of the home were awaken by the smoke inside the house. The adults quickly awakened the children and all four occupants climbed out of the master bedroom window to safety. The home did not have any working smoke detectors. After escaping, the family called 9-1-1, providing the correct address.
Colleton County (SC) Engine 26 arrived a short time later reporting flames coming from the roof over the garage and heavy smoke conditions throughout the single-story, residential dwelling. Firefighter-paramedics verified with the occupants that everyone was safely out of the home. Crews deployed multiple hand lines to the building, with one crew attacking the fire through the garage and a second crew forcing entry through the front door. The fire had entered the kitchen area from the garage, but interior crews quickly gained control of the fire.
The flames had also spread through the attic, burning over the bedrooms. Firefighters pulled the ceiling in several rooms to reach the flames and extinguish the fire. It was contained mostly to the garage, kitchen, and attic. The majority of the structure and most personal items in the remainder of the home were saved. No injuries were reported. Water supply was conducted using tenders who supplied Engine 26. The fire appears to have originated in the utility room off of the garage and is believed to have been electrical in nature. Units were on the scene for four hours.
Engine 26, Engine 27, Tender 1, Tender 4, Tender 5, Tender 19, Tender 26, Tender 27, Medic 19, Medic 26, Battalion 1, Car 112, and Car 118 responded. Captain Brian Rowe served as Incident Commander.
Barry W. McRoy, Fire Chief, Colleton County Fire-Rescue